Want to be part of a team that works to save wild places? Northeast Wilderness Trust is hiring for an Operations Manager, who will report to the Executive Director. This is a full-time position based out of our Montpelier, VT office, with salary starting between $48,000-$53,000 commensurate with education and experience. Applications are due by August 15, 2020. Click here to download the job description.
This is exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled individual to join a growing team of wilderness advocates and play a central role in supporting our efforts to conserve forever-wild landscapes for nature and people across the Northeast.
The Wilderness Trust safeguards more than 35,000 acres across New York, Vermont, New Hampshire,
Maine, Massachusetts, and Connecticut and is the only regional land trust in the Northeast focused
exclusively on wilderness conservation. The Operations Manager position represents an exciting
opportunity to be an integral member of our small team.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Support the operational infrastructure of the organization including managing office space and equipment, and all IT and business needs. The Manager will provide support to the executive director and board of directors, and manage all policies and procedures.
Provide all HR activities including time tracking, payroll reporting, benefits administration, and staff
Bookkeeping and Finance
Manage all financial activities of the organization including bookkeeping, AP, AR, and financial reporting to the executive director and the finance committee. Maintain all budgets including annual and project budgets. Manage annual audit process, and all required Federal and state filings.
A thorough training period will be led by the current Deputy Director, who is shifting to another position within the organization.
• Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with donor management software
• Energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives on accomplishing goals, getting results, and
improving the organization’s bottom line
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented work office environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately and with discretion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially on topics related to
conservation and wilderness
• Willingness to work outside of your job description and work collaboratively with the
team on changing priorities and a variety of projects simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a small staff
Benefits offered by Northeast Wilderness Trust:
The Wilderness Trust offers a range of benefits including: health care; 401k plan; generous paid time
off; short-term leave; professional development opportunities; and sabbatical leave. Flexible
scheduling. Salary hiring range is $48,000-$53,000.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with three professional references as a
single combined PDF file to Cathleen Maine at email@example.com. Your cover letter must include your history and experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel. Any applications that do not meet this requirement will not be considered. Application deadline is August 15th, 2020.
Northeast Wilderness Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.