Northeast Wilderness Trust stands for standing trees! That’s why donors can count on our Green Guarantee, which promises that your money is going to an organization that strives to be as sustainable and low impact as possible.
- All Northeast Wilderness Trust publications, mailings, and other outreach materials are printed on post-consumer recycled paper. (*Recycled remittance envelopes are not currently produced; we continue to search.)
- All paper products used at the office (yes—even toilet paper) are post-consumer recycled.
- All cleaning products used at the office are environmentally safe and biodegradable.
- Whenever possible, staff use video conferencing to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from travel.
- Northeast Wilderness Trust’s long-term investments have been completely divested from the fossil fuel industry.
What is the impact of our paper choice?
- For illustrative purposes, using a ton of Ancient Forest Friendly-certified paper (approximately two years of business-as-usual at Northeast Wilderness Trust) saves 17 trees, 16,399 gallons of water, 1,678 pounds of solid waste, and 5,512 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions. Ancient Forest Friendly-certified paper is considered the highest standard in the industry. Northeast Wilderness Trust goes beyond Ancient Forest Friendly-certified paper with its 100% recycled commitment.
Northeast Wilderness Trust is always looking to expand the Green Guarantee. If you have ideas for how we can reduce our carbon footprint, contact Cathleen Maine at email@example.com